Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Flight of the Butterfly





I made this for my upcoming card class at the end of January. I have to say I am a little impressed with how "on top of things" I seem to be this early into 2012. My second post on my blog, updating my splitcoast gallery, and making a card for my card class that isn't until the end of January. This could be a very good thing for me :). I am a major procrastinator and it's a terrible, terrible problem to have. But, I've been that way my entire life. My mom has no idea where I get it from, because she already has her football pool started, easter eggs filled and is already buying Christmas gifts for 2012!! Ok, maybe that's a bit of exageration, but you know what I'm saying. Boy, if I could have inherited just a small portion of that planning gene, who knows where I'd be today.


Anyway, on to the card...I case'd this from splitcoast stampers under Flight of the Butterfly, but am linking you to the details from this blog: http://artfeltimpressions.blogspot.com/2011/09/ccmc-169.html

I used black paper as the card base...the card is standard 5.5 x 4.25, I used Melon Mambo and Whisper White paper. I ran the background piece through my Big Shot using a Cuttlebug embossing folder. I stamped the four small butterflies from the Flight of the Butterfly stamps set and cut them out by hand. I mounted each one on a 1 x 1 piece of Whisper White paper and backed them with black that I punched with my postage stamp punch. I also mounted the lower butterfly with a pop dot and used rhinestones in the middle of each as an accent.

I also punched a large butterfly with my butterfly punch for the inside.



Thanks so much for stopping by. If you have questions, please email me tinaha@msn.com

Have a great evening.
Tina

No comments: