Monday, January 2, 2012

Baskets & Blooms





Front










Happy New Year to everyone! I know I'm not the only one that can't believe that 2012 is here already! I am always amazed at how fast time goes. On the Dick Clark special last night, they looked back at the previous years entertainment. At one point, I said to my husband, "Oh, I remember that, and it felt like it was from 2 years ago...turns out it was from 10 years ago :( I was very depressed after that! I wish there was a magic fairy dust I could sprinkle on my kids to keep them small for a bit longer - who am I kidding, I would sprinkle it on myself too!

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday - we sure did, but the new year is here and I'm ready to start working on my blog and trying to be more active in the things I enjoy, like scrapbooking and making cards and things. I made this adorable box for someone I work with. She always comments on my crafts, and I thought she would enjoy it. Plus I gave her a magnetic pad of paper for Christmas that I thought she would love. It was one of those gifts that you see, and hits you, I have to get this for this person - they will LOVE it. Anyway, I put it on her desk before she came to work and she brought the wrapped gift up and said "OMG I can't wait to see what this is, I know you made this." Uuggghhhh, my heart sank at that very moment...although she did seem to like the pad of paper (which did fit her to a T, I must add). But I can't get the feeling out of my stomach, so tomorrow she will be very excited! Because, this, she will LOVE!!!

I made this using the Bigz XL Baskets & Blooms Die from SU. The paper is SU Pool Party and Early Espresso. I stamped the words with Stazon using a retired set called Favorite Thoughts and punched the flowers with little punches I've had forever. I sponged everything, the box, words and flowers with crumb cake. I cut out the words with my nesties and shredded a bunch of paper that I also crinkled and sent through my crimper to fill the box. I'm going to fill it with some candy and leave it for her tomorrow :) I hope she likes it.

TFL!
Tina

No comments: