Saturday, July 21, 2012

Bootiful Occasions ~ Cowboy

Happy Saturday! 
We are heading out to the movies in a couple hours to see Brave ~ I can't wait!!  But I have wanted to post this for a couple days and time got away from me. 

One of my boxes of new things arrived last week, and I have been anxious to see some of the DSP packs I ordered and of course the Bootiful Occasions stamp set. As some of you know, I have wanted this set since the 1st day I saw the new catalog - I Love Love Love this stamp set!! I have tons of ideas! If you come to my card classes, you will be seeing a lot of this set. :)
 
Add caption

Anyway, one of the DSP packs I ordered was Comfort Cafe, and this beautiful pack of paper was all lined up for me to use several of my flower stamp sets. But when I opened it, the light bulbs were going off. The other side of the paper had such a strong "western" feel. So I had to use the cowboy boot from the stamp set and this what I came up with.

I used the silver mini brads as accents on the boot and my paper piercing tool to add accents to the corners. 

 I also made a lasso out of my linen thread. I love this linen thread! 
Here are a list of items I used:
Comfort Cafe Designer Series Paper (Item # 126898)
Bootiful Occasions Stamp Set (Item # 126597 clear)
Sizzix Stars #2 die (retired)
In Colors 2012-2014
Midnight Muse ink & paper
Summer Starfruit paper
Very Vanilla paper
Soft Suede paper
Mini Brads (Item # 122941)
I also used my piercing tool and Mat Pack (Item # 126187)

Thanks for taking a look. Have a great weekend!!
Tina